School has started and with that comes many activities that go along with it. Families are busy, and it becomes increasingly difficult to put a hot meal on the table each evening. Instead of going through the drive-up window and busting your food budget, consider taking a bit of time to make freezer meals. They are economical, nutritious and easy to prepare.
When preparing the meals, you may want to have a supply of gallon-sized plastic freezer bags and disposable foil pans. Another handy tip is to get some crockpot liners, which make for easy cleanup.
Put the name of the recipe, date you prepared it, and any pertinent directions on the outside of the container. All you need to do is pour it into your crockpot, or put into a hot oven, and dinner will be ready. How easy is that?
Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
- 32 oz. bag frozen tater tots
- 3 oz. bag bacon pieces
- 1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 c. (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 c. 2% milk
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag
Prepare for freezer
- Label freezer bag.
- Add all ingredients.
- Remove as much air as possible, then seal.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
Cook and serve
- Thaw in refrigerator.
- Add contents of bag to crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours in a 6-qt. crockpot or 8 hours in a 4-qt. crockpot.
- Top with sour cream.
- Serve with your favorite vegetable.