School has started and with that comes many activities that go along with it. Families are busy, and it becomes increasingly difficult to put a hot meal on the table each evening. Instead of going through the drive-up window and busting your food budget, consider taking a bit of time to make freezer meals. They are economical, nutritious and easy to prepare.
When preparing the meals, you may want to have a supply of gallon-sized plastic freezer bags and disposable foil pans. Another handy tip is to get some crockpot liners, which make for easy cleanup.
Put the name of the recipe, date you prepared it, and any pertinent directions on the outside of the container. All you need to do is pour it into your crockpot, or put into a hot oven, and dinner will be ready. How easy is that?
Herb Marinated Chuck Steak
- 1 lb. boneless beef chuck steak 1-inch thick
- 1/4 c. finely chopped onion
- 2 T. chopped parsley
- 1-1/2 T. White vinegar
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 t. dried thyme
- Mix all ingredients and spread over meat.
- Place in large labeled plastic bag and seal, removing as much air as possible.
- Freeze for up to three months.
- Thaw in refrigerator.
- Grill about 16-18 minutes.