Volumes 2, 3 and 4
Who: Chester High School Music Dept.
Cost: $7.50 each, includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: varies
Send checks to: Vicky Beers, Chester Music Patrons,
711 Palestine Rd., Chester, IL 62233,
or call 618-615-2708.
Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Volume 4)
- 3 -4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 T. butter
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 14 oz. chicken broth
- 16 oz. gnocchi (pasta found with dry pasta or refrigerated section)
- 1 c. fresh spinach
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 c. shredded carots
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1 t. garlic minced
- 1 qt. half and half
- Cook chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper. Dice or shred chicken when cooled.
- Meanwhile, add butter, garlic, carrots and celery to pan. Saute’ until tender.
- Add flour to form a roux. Add half and half and broth and stir. Add chicken and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to simmer while cooking gnocchi according to package directions.
- Drain gnocchi, add to soup along with spinach. Heat through and serve.