Volumes 2, 3 and 4
Who: Chester High School Music Dept.
Cost: $7.50 each, includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: varies
Send checks to: Vicky Beers, Chester Music Patrons, 711 Palestine Rd., Chester, IL 62233,
or call 618-615-2708.
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 3 c. Rice cooked
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1/2 c. green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 c. red bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 - 14.5 oz. cans Tomato sauce
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 2 - 8 oz. cans Tomato sauce
- 1/2 t. dried marjoram
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, brown ground beef over medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers, onions and garlic and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables have softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, marjoram and season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and top with a scoop of the rice before serving.