Just What the Doctor Ordered!
Who: Peoria Medical Society Auxiliary, Inc.
Cost: $20.95 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 268
Send checks to: Mary Clare Geraghty,
715 W. Bridgetowne Ct., Dunlap, IL 61525
or call 309-243-1063
- 3/4 c. butter or margarine softened
- 1 T. fresh parsley chopped
- 1 T. chives finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 6 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 T. cold water
- 2/3 c. packaged bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- Prepare chicken by mixing softened butter, parsley, chives, shallots, salt and pepper. Shape into 6 sticks. Chill or freeze until firm.
- Place one chicken breast between two pieces of waxed paper. Pound slightly with a mallet. Repeat with remaining breasts.
- Place one stick of herbed butter on each breast. Roll breast so butter is completely enclosed. Close edges with wooden picks. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat egg and water in pan or flat dish. Dredge breasts in flour. Dip in egg mixture and then roll in bread crumbs to coat well.
- Heat 1/4 c. butter in large skillet over medium heat. Saute breasts until golden on all sides, turning gently.
- Put chicken in shallow baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Serves 6.
- Hint: Chicken browns better if it is chilled several hours after coating, before sautéing. Can be prepared ahead several hours or day before. Saute and bake just before serving.