Grab a java
Coffee, java, joe. Whatever you prefer to call it, it is certainly a popular beverage. However, coffee isn’t just for drinking as this month’s recipes show. Although we do include two liquid versions, our readers submitted a variety of recipes that not only contain coffee but would go well with it. Not surprisingly, many of them contain chocolate and coffee – a wonderful marriage of two flavors.
Cinnamon Crusted Coffee Cake
- 1 package (2-layer size) Yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled (regular, decaf or flavored)
- 1 cup Brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut toasted (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, oil and coffee until well blended.
- Pour evenly into 2 greased 9-inch round cake pans OR 1 greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Stir in coconut and walnuts or pecans and sprinkle evenly over cake batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack before removing from pans, if desired. We prefer serving it warm.