Recipes & Remembrances
Who: Good Samaritan Society Mount Carroll
Cost: $20 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 209
Send checks to: Good Samaritan Society-Mount Carroll,
c/o Anna Gray, 1006 N. Lowden Rd., Mount Carroll, IL 61053
or call 815-244-7715.
Corn and Zucchini Saute
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. scallions chopped
- 1/2 t. garlic finely chopped
- 2 c. about 4 ears fresh corn
- 2 med. zucchini quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 1/4 t. ground cumin
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 1/8 t. Black pepper
- 1/2 c. cilantro chopped
- Heat oil in 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking.
- Cook scallions, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add corn, zucchini, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until zucchini is tender, about 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper.