Recipes Worth Adopting
Who: Benld Adopt-A-Pet, Benld, IL
Cost: $15 including shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 154
Send checks to: Charlotte Smith,
3816 Indian Lands Lane, Springfield, IL 62711
or call 217-793-0459
Crockpot Western Omelet Casserole
- 1 32 oz. bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb. Bacon diced, cooked and drained
- OR 1 lb. Ham cubed
- 1 med. onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1-1/2 C. cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. pepper to taste
- 1 C. milk
- Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the crockpot, followed by a layer of meat, then onions, green pepper and cheese.
- Repeat the layering process 2-3 more times, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.
- Pour over layers in crockpot. Cover and turn on low.
- Cook for 10-12 hours. Serves 12.