Dad’s Pork Chops and Polenta
Submitted by Mary Finley, Egyptian Electric Cooperative Association
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 cup dry polenta
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 350 F. In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides and sear each side to a golden brown. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Drain excess oil from the pot. Add stock and heat to a simmer, scraping the bottom to loosen any browned bits. When the liquid is simmering, mix polenta and water together and slowly add it to the Dutch oven. Whisk about 1 minute.
- Cover the pot and transfer it to the oven. Bake 20 minutes.
- Whisk the polenta to remove any lumps, add the salt, grated cheese and butter. Nestle the pork chops on top and drizzle in any collected juices.
- Continue to bake, uncovered, for another 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional grated Parmesan and serve. Note: If polenta dries out, whisk in warmed stock or milk.
Nutrition information: 753 calories; 26.6g fat; 1,553mg salt; 31g carbohydrates; 92.7g protein.