Calling all chocoholics!
Just the mention of chocolate can conjure up images of luscious sweetness slowly melting in our mouths. While chocolate has been around for thousands of years, there is a renewed interest in high-quality, handmade chocolates. Local shops are popping up across the state, and chocolate makes a wonderful
gift for those hard-to-buy-for loved ones or as a house-warming gift.
If you have chocoholics in your family, treat them to one of our chocolate recipes over the holidays.
Double Chocolate Muffins with Avocado
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 avocado mashed
- 1/2 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place dry ingredients in food processor, add beans, milk, vanilla, avocado and eggs, blend until smooth.
- Fold chocolate chips into batter.
- Put in 12 regular or 6 large muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes (add 10-15 minutes for large muffins).