Calling all chocoholics!
Just the mention of chocolate can conjure up images of luscious sweetness slowly melting in our mouths. While chocolate has been around for thousands of years, there is a renewed interest in high-quality, handmade chocolates. Local shops are popping up across the state, and chocolate makes a wonderful gift for those hard-to-buy-for loved ones or as a house-warming gift.
If you have chocoholics in your family, treat them to one of our chocolate recipes over the holidays.
Southern Chocolate Gravy
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Your favorite biscuits
- In large saucepan, add dry ingredients and mix.
- Slowly whisk in milk to prevent flour lumps from forming.
- Over medium low heat, stir constantly as it heats being sure to stir edges.
- When it thickens to desired consistency, remove from heat and add vanilla and butter. Stir until butter melts completely.
- Pour over biscuits, pancakes, etc.