Legion Family Cookbook
Who: Windsor Legion/Auxiliary Unit #725
Cost: $13 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 143
Send checks to: Garrett-Baldridge Unit #725, 1300 Maine,
Windsor, IL 61957
Easy to Stuff Manicotti
- 8 oz. pkg. manicotti shells
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1/2 c. onion chopped
- 26 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 14 pieces mozzarella string cheese
- 1-1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook manicotti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- Spread half of the meat sauce into a greased 9x13” baking dish.
- Drain manicotti; stuff each shell with a piece of string cheese.
- Place over meat sauce; top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.