Good Country Cooking from a Great Country School
Who: Deer Park School Educational Foundation
Cost: $12 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 270
Send checks to: Deer Park Educational Foundation
2255 E. 12th Road, Ottawa, IL 61350 or call
Debbie Znaniecki at 630-553-2444.
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- 1/4 c. chopped nuts
- 1-1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 lb. large marshmallows
- 1 c. milk
- 2 c. Whipped cream
- 2-10 oz. pkgs. frozen raspberies
- 1 c. Water
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 t. Lemon juice
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. cold water
- For crust, mix crumbs, butter and nuts.
- Press in bottom of 9x13” pan.
- For filling, melt marshmallows in milk in the top of a double boiler. Cool thoroughly.
- Fold in whipped cream and spread over crust. Chill.
- Combine raspberries, 1 c. water, sugar and lemon juice in heavy pan. Heat to boiling.
- Dissolve cornstarch in ¼ c. cold water and slowly stir into raspberry mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Cool thoroughly and gently spread over marshmallow layer.
- Refrigerate overnight.