Favorite Recipes: St. Paul’s Lutheran Church 150th Anniversary
Who: St. Paul’s Lutheran Church
Cost: $20 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 216
Send checks to: St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 511 S. Walnut St.,
Strasburg, IL 62465 or call 217-644-2661.
Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- 1 approx. 2 lb. head rganic green cabbage, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1 sm. onion
- 1-1/2 T. olive oil
- 2-3 lg. garlic cloves smashed
- Kosher Salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Spray olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pull outer leaves off cabbage, cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1-inch thick slices.
- Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.
- Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.
- Finally sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes.
- Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy.
- Serve hot.