The farmer’s market is one of my favorite places during the summer. The brightly colored fruits and vegetables seem to be calling my name as I walk past each booth. And, who can resist a juicy peach, freshly picked sweet corn or a first-of-the-season cantaloupe or watermelon?
This month, Finest Cooking is featuring fresh fruits and vegetables, so head out to your local farmer’s market and support your area growers.
- 4 large freestone peaches halved and pitted
- 1/4 t. Cinnamon
- 2 T. unsalted butter melted
- Heat grill to medium.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush cut side of peaches lightly with melted butter.
- Oil grill and place peaches cut side down on grill for 3-4 minutes until grill marks appear.
- Brush bottoms with butter and turn peaches over.
- Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mix over peaches, cover grill and cook 3-6 minutes until sugar melts and caramelizes, and it’s easily pierced with a sharp knife.
- Serve immediately with ice cream or makes a great side dish with ham or pork chops.