The farmer’s market is one of my favorite places during the summer. The brightly colored fruits and vegetables seem to be calling my name as I walk past each booth. And, who can resist a juicy peach, freshly picked sweet corn or a first-of-the-season cantaloupe or watermelon?
This month, Finest Cooking is featuring fresh fruits and vegetables, so head out to your local farmer’s market and support your area growers.
Herb Marinated Chuck Steak
- 1 lb. boneless chuck steak 1-inch thick
- 1/4 c. onion finely chopped
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 T. White vinegar
- 1 T. oil
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 t. dried thyme
- Mix all ingredients and spread over meat. Place in a plastic bag, being sure that marinade completely covers meat.
- Let marinate at least 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Grill 16-18 minutes.