35th Anniversary Cookbook
Who: Our Redeemer Lutheran Church
Cost: $15 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, ring bound with stand
Pages of recipes: 148
Send checks to: Yvonne Richert, ORL Cookbook,
708 Horizon Dr., Marion, IL 62959 or call 618-751-0052.
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 19 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 – 16 oz. jar hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 c. salted peanuts
- 3 1.4 oz. each Heath candy bars
- 1 – 8 oz. ctn. frozen whipped topping thawed
- Cut 1 ice cream sandwich in half, place 1 whole and 1 half sandwich along a short side of an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 8 sandwiches in opposite direction in the dish.
- Remove lid from fudge topping and microwave 15-30 seconds to warm; stir. Spread ½ of fudge topping over ice cream sandwiches.
- In a food processor, combine peanuts and candy bars. Cover and pulse until chopped. Sprinkle ½ of mixture over fudge layer.
- Repeat layer of ice cream sandwiches and fudge topping.
- Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Sprinkle with remaining peanut mixture. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 servings.