Hot Fudge Sauce
Submitted by Curt and Sarah Cannon, Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 squares baking chocolate (1 oz. each)
- 1 13-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt chocolate and butter in top of a double boiler. Starting with evaporated milk, alternate milk and sugar (1/3 each time). Stir well after each addition. Add salt.
- Simmer in double boiler for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve warm. It can be reheated in the microwave.
- Yields 1 quart.