Italian Beef Sandwiches
Submitted by: Suzanna Bedrava, Rural Electric Convenience Cooperative
- 1 – 3 to 3.5 pound boneless chuck roast
- Garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 5 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 packages Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
- 2-3 tablespoons vinegar
- Rub roast with liberal amount of garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place in a slow cooker and cook 8 hours or until done.
- Remove the meat when done, add the remaining ingredients to the juices in the pot.
- Shred or slice the roast and return to slow cooker. Simmer one-half to one hour.
- Serve on hamburger buns or poor boy rolls.
Nutrition information: 612 calories; 34.1g fat; 681mg sodium; 30.7g carbohydrates; 42.2g protein.