Around the holidays, my family loves to try out new appetizers. We have even been known to make a meal out of them on New Year’s Day. Regardless of when you eat them, it’s nice to have a few quick, go-to ideas when company is coming, or you just want to serve a snack to whet the appetites before your Christmas dinner. I think you’ll enjoy them all and many can be made ahead of the big day, leaving you more time with family and friends.
Italian Sausage Stacks
- 1 pkg. Italian sausage links
- 1 lg. jar roasted red peppers
- Fresh basil
- Brown sausage links in a skillet until cooked through.
- Remove from pan, drain on paper towels and let cool to room temperature.
- Drain red peppers and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Separate basil into individual leaves.
- Cut sausage crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
- Using a toothpick, thread on a piece of basil folded in half, a piece of red pepper, and finally a piece of sausage.
- Place on a serving plate and serve at room temperature.