Celebrating 40 Years
Who: Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
Cost: $17.50 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 307
Send checks to: Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, Attn: Vicky Hastings, P.O. Box 740, St. Joseph, IL 61873-0740 or call 217-688-2011 or 217-841-2191 or email email@example.com.
Jackie Elliot’s Asparagus Soup
- 2 c. Water
- 2 lbs. fresh asparagus woody ends broken of
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. onion chopped
- 1/2 c. Celery thinly sliced
- 1 c. carrots
- 1 t. garlic minced
- 1 t. dried tarragon
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 3/4 c. milk
- 3/4 c. half and half
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice or to taste
- Bring water to boil in large saucepan.
- Meanwhile cut asparagus into 2-inch lengths and reserve tips.
- Add tips to water and boil 45 seconds or until bright green and crisp tender.
- Drain and rinse in cold water and drain again. Wrap and refrigerate for garnish.
- Put chicken broth, asparagus pieces, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, tarragon and salt into same saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 30-35 minutes until veggies are very tender. Remove from heat.
- When cool enough to handle, process in batches in blender (or with hand blender) until smooth.
- Return to saucepan, stir in milk and half and half. Heat until simmering. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Garnish with reserved asparagus tips.