Favorite Recipes: St. Paul’s Lutheran Church 150th Anniversary
Who: St. Paul’s Lutheran Church
Cost: $20 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 216
Send checks to: St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 511 S. Walnut St.,
Strasburg, IL 62465 or call 217-644-2661.
Spicy-Sweet Glazed Shrimp
- Vegetable oil for grill
- 2 T. spicy chili sauce such as Sriracha
- 1/3 c. honey
- 2 lbs. extra-jumbo shrimp about 32 total, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high.
- Clean and lightly oil hot grill.
- Stir together chili sauce and honey.
- Assemble kebabs (using 2 long skewers for each, threading 1 skewer through head end of shrimp and 1 through tail end), season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until shrimp begin to turn opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip, brush liberally with glaze and cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Brush with more glaze and serve.