Favorites from Our Table
Who: St. Augustine Altar & Rosary Society
Cost: $18 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 189
Send checks to: St. Augustine Altar Society,
Attn: Barb Lathom, 100 Mahoney Rd., Ashland, IL 62612
or call 217-473-4760.
Jalapeno Cheese Monkey Bread
- 12 Rhodes frozen dinner rolls thawed but cold
- 3 T. butter melted
- 3/4 c. drained jalapeno slices
- 1-1/2 c. grated mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Cut rolls in fourths.
- Dip 16 roll pieces in butter and layer in bottom of a greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle dough with 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, 1/4 c. jalapeno slices, 1/4 tsp. oregano and 1/4 tsp. garlic powder.
- Dip 16 more pieces in butter, layer over first layer.
- Repeat layers. Do NOT put cheese on top of last layer.
- Cover pan loosely with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, 1 hour or so.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c. mozzarella.
- Bake 5 minutes longer until cheese is melted.
- Remove from pan to cool a little. Serve warm.