Luscious Layered Chocolate Pudding Dessert
Submitted by: Sarah Cannon, Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative
- 1 package of cookies or 1 sleeve graham crackers crushed
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 small package instant white chocolate or vanilla
- pudding mix
- 8 ounces light cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces lite Cool Whip
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2-3/4 cups milk
- Combine crushed cookies or graham crackers and melted butter. Press onto bottom of 9x13-inch pan and refrigerate.
- For second layer, mix small package of pudding mix with 1 cup milk. Mix softened cream cheese into mixture and fold in Cool Whip. Spread mixture on top of crumb crust. Refrigerate.
- For layer 3, combine chocolate pudding mix with 2-3/4 cups milk. Spread on top of second layer and refrigerate.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract to middle layer for a different taste. To dress it up, sprinkle top with mini chocolate chips, Heath bar chips or Andes Mint chips. You can also experiment with different pudding flavors.
Nutrition information: 334 calories; 17.4g fat; 508mg sodium; 39.3g carbohydrates; 6.8g protein.