Around the holidays, my family loves to try out new appetizers. We have even been known to make a meal out of them on New Year’s Day. Regardless of when you eat them, it’s nice to have a few quick, go-to ideas when company is coming, or you just want to serve a snack to whet the appetites before your Christmas dinner. I think you’ll enjoy them all and many can be made ahead of the big day, leaving you more time with family and friends.
- 4 oz. Parmesan cheese finely chopped
- 2 oz. Asiago finely chopped
- 3 Green onions minced
- 12 fresh basil leaves cut in thin strips
- 1/4 t. red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 10 T. olive oil
- Mix all together, put in a jar with a tight lid, and allow to marinate at room temperature for five days.
- Each day shake jar to mix the ingredients.
- Serve with thin slices of baguette.
- Keeps in refrigerator for 2 months.