Who: Maeystown Clovers 4-H Club
Cost: $13.50 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 121
Send checks to: Maeystown Clovers, c/o Lisa Schwarze, 3010 Long Lake Rd., Valmeyer, IL 62295 or call 618-830-5019.
- 2 pkgs. brownie mix standard 9/13 inch size
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 pkg. strawberry cake mix
- 1 c. water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 c. unsalted butter room temperature
- 1-16 oz. box sifted confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir both brownie mixes with 1 cup vegetable oil, 4 eggs and 1/2 cup water in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix strawberry cake mix with 1 cup water, 3 eggs and 1/3 cup vegetable oil. Beat with a mixer on medium for 2 minutes.
- Prepare muffin tins for 48 cupcakes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the brownie batter in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Top the brownie batter with the strawberry cake batter until the cup is 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes and then move to racks.
- Beat butter with a mixer on medium-high speed until the butter is pale and creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Beat confectioner’s sugar into the butter, about 1/2 cup at a time. After each addition, mix and continue until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Spread cooled cupcakes with the frosting.