Who: Pulaski-Alexander County Extension
Cost: $8 including shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 245
Send checks to: Amy Kerr,
52 Wessenberg Rd., Villa Ridge, IL 62996
or call 618-697-1476.
Make checks payable to HCE.
- 2 sausage patties
- 1 thick sliced onion chopped
- 1 oz. Green pepper chopped
- 1 oz. mushrooms chopped
- to taste garlic and oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1 pat butter
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1-1/2 oz. Mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz. pizza sauce
- Sauté sausage, peppers, onions and mushrooms seasoned with garlic and oregano.
- Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl.
- Melt butter in an omelet pan at medium heat.
- Pour in egg mix, and when it starts to get firm on the bottom, use a spatula to pull uncooked portion to the center of the pan, allowing uncooked eggs to run back out to the edge. Do not fold, as omelet will be served open faced as a frittata.
- Spread Mozzarella cheese over omelet.
- Then spread pizza sauce over cheese.
- Break up sausage and scatter it with other ingredients over entire omelet.
- Shake omelet pan to loosen omelet and spill out onto plate in one motion or cut into shaped servings and serve from pan.