Oh me, oh my, it’s pie!
Ask 10 different people their favorite kind of pie, and you just may get 10 different answers. Whether you like the all-American apple, or prefer cherry, peach, chocolate or pecan, the list can go on and on. One thing is certain, those flaky crusts and fruit or cream fillings are a favorite of young and old alike.
Readers submitted a wide variety of recipes and you just may find a new favorite to add to your recipe box.
One-Crust Rhubarb Pie
Submitted by Carla Mueting, Corn Belt Energy Corporation
- 2 large eggs well beaten
- 2 T. butter or margarine melted
- 3-1/2 cups rubarb finely diced
- 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 7 T. all-purpose flour
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, butter and rhubarb. Set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients and add to rhubarb mixture.
- Put all into pie shell.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
Nutrition information per serving: 317 calories; 11.6g fat; 356mg sodium; 52g carbohydrates; 3.8g protein.