Rhonda Carney for her mother, Ava Miller, SouthEastern Electric Cooperative
- 3 cups sliced onions
- 1/2 stick butter or oleo
- 30 small saltine crackers
- 1 stick butter or oleo melted
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Saute sliced onions and 1/2 stick butter together until onions are tender.
- Crush saltine crackers. Add 1 stick melted oleo and spread in bottom of 7 x 11 pan.
- Spread onions over cracker mixture.
- Add shredded cheese over top.
- Scald 1 1/2 cups milk
- Add 3 beaten eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper to scalded milk.
- Pour over all and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.