Sweet Vidalia Onion Pie
Sheila VanKampen, Jo-Carroll Energy
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 4 cups Vidalia onions sliced
- 3 tablespoons real butter melted
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- I use a frozen deep pie crust. Set out for 20 minutes, poke with a fork and bake 10 minutes.
- Saute onions in butter until they cut easily.
- Cobine milk, eggs, salt and 1 cup sour cream and mix lightly.
- Blend flour with remaining 1/2 cup of sour cream and add to egg mixture (will be lumpy).
- Place cooked onions in pie crust and pour liquid mixture over onions and lightly stir in.
- Combine cheddar cheese and mayo, mix well.
- Spoon on top of pie in dollops.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until it browns.