Pancetta Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Submitted by: Caitlin Gayheart, Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts washed, trimmed and halved
- 8-12 fingerling yellow potatoes halved or quartered
- 1/2 pound pancetta diced into small pieces
- 3 shallots halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In large oven-safe skillet, over medium heat, add diced pancetta and cook until crispy. Remove from pan to a paper towel-lined bowl.
- Add sliced shallots to pancetta grease in pan and cook until soft.
- Add garlic for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add Brussels sprouts and potatoes and stir to combine well.
- If needed, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, tossing the vegetables to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pan in oven and roast until vegetables are cooked through and golden brown, stirring halfway through, about 30 minutes total. Remove pan from oven.
- Squeeze lemon juice over top and stir in the 2 tablespoons of butter. Top with reserved pancetta and enjoy.
- Note: Some prefer to top with freshly grated Parmesan for extra enjoyment.
Nutrition information: 307 calories; 16.7g fat; 726mg sodium; 27.8g carbohydrates; 14.8g protein.