Cranberry Apple Chutney
Submitted by: Toni Hayes, SouthEastern Illinois Electric Cooperative
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen whole cranberries
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In large saucepan over medium heat, bring granulated sugar and water to boil, stirring to dissolve all sugar.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except walnuts and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered 20-25 minutes or until mixture reaches desired thickness.
- Stir in walnuts before serving. Serve warm or cold with turkey, chicken or pork tenderloin.
Nutrition information: 182 calories; 3.2g fat; 52mg sodium; 38.4g carbohydrates; 1.6g protein.