With the Super Bowl just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about what you’re going to serve your guests and still watch the big game. With a build-your-own food bar, you can plan everything ahead of time and enjoy the party. Lay out a variety of toppings and let guests build their own baked potatoes, chili, popcorn, tacos or, in our case, nachos, hotdogs and ice cream sundaes. Let your imagination guide you.
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces regular American cheese*
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 12-ounce cans evaporated milk divided
- 2-4 teaspoons hot sauce to taste
- 1-1/2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes and green chiles drained
- 1/4 cup Jalapeños (fresh or pickled)
- Add first 8 ingredients to saucepan or slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Toss with fork to evenly distribute spices.
- Add 2-1/4 cups evaporated milk and hot sauce, stir. Add optional ingredients.
- For slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 1-1/2 hours, whisk until smooth and keep warm. If using a saucepan, cook over low heat uncovered, stirring frequently until cheese has mostly melted.
- Whisk until completely smooth. If too thick, add more evaporated milk. Keep warm. Serve with tortilla chips or French fries. Makes great topping for baked potatoes or vegetables.