With the Super Bowl just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about what you’re going to serve your guests and still watch the big game. With a build-your-own food bar, you can plan everything ahead of time and enjoy the party. Lay out a variety of toppings and let guests build their own baked potatoes, chili, popcorn, tacos or, in our case, nachos, hotdogs and ice cream sundaes. Let your imagination guide you.
Submitted by: Valerie Cheatham
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 small tomato seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and membrane removed, finely diced
- garlic minced
- Lime Juice
- Slice avocados in half, remove pit and scoop flesh into mixing bowl.
- Mash with a fork until your desired consistency, chunky or smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients to your liking. Stir everything together and serve.
- If not serving right away, cover by placing plastic wrap directly on the guacamole to prevent discoloring. Stir before serving. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Nutrition information: 119 calories; 10.7g fat; 4mg sodium; 6.4g carbohydrates; 1.3g protein.