Thoughts of red roses, cards filled with undying love, sparkling wine and large heart-shaped boxes full of chocolates – it must be time for Valentine’s Day! According to The Nielsen Company, more than 58 million pounds of chocolate candy will be sold during Valentine’s week. That’s a lot of chocolate!
It only made sense for Finest Cooking to feature chocolate in February. We won’t debate whether white chocolate truly is chocolate, we just know it’s delicious. Here at Illinois Country Living, we enjoyed sampling these sweet treats. There is something for everyone and we hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
Stuffed Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1-1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 1/3 c. White sugar
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/3 t. Salt
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 c. Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch cast iron skillet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla and whisk until light and creamy.
- Add egg and whisk until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix just until combined.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips and spoon half of the batter into the skillet.
- Melt the Nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds until it becomes thinner and pour over cookie dough. Spread within 1-inch of edges.
- Top with the remaining cookie batter, spreading to cover the Nutella layer. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for a soft cookie or cover with foil and bake for 10 more minutes for a more set cookie.
- Cool about 10 minutes, cut into wedges and serve. Great with vanilla ice cream.