From Our Community to Your Table
Who: Carl Sandburg College Community Garden
Details: hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 205
To purchase: Call 309-341-5328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, for more info contact Mary Robson at email@example.com.
- 1 lb. pork sausage (can use mild or hot) browned and drained
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3/4 to 1 c. Parmesa cheese freshly grated
- 1-1 1/2 lb. Jalapeños or sweet mini bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Clean peppers and cut in half or just leave whole and cut off tops, cleaning out seeds and membrane.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- While peppers are cooling, mix together cooked sausage, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Put mixture in Ziploc bag. Cut off a bit of one corner. Fill cooled peppers with sausage mixture.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours to let the cream cheese mixture get cold.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve warm.