Sugar-Free Shortbread Crust
Adapted from crazyforcrust.com Makes: one 9-inch pie shell
- 8 ounces sugar-free shortbread cookies
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar alternative Swerve, Truvia, Splenda, etc.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place cookies in food processor or a large resealable zipper storage bag. Process or crush with a rolling pin until cookies are fine crumbs.
- In a large bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, sugar alternative and butter until it looks like wet sand.
- Press into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes.
- Cool before filling.
Nutrition information: 112 calories; 12.2g fat; 86mg salt; 3.8g carbohydrates; 0.1g protein.