Cool and refreshing
There is nothing quite like taking a long, cool sip of iced tea or lemonade to help take the heat out of a hot summer day. Whether you are by the pool relaxing or have just finished yard work, we think you’ll enjoy this month’s variety of cold summer drinks.
Submitted by Sarah Cannon, Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative
Servings 16 8-ounce servings
- 46 ounces pineapple juice
- 12 ounce can lemonade concentrate thawed
- 1 4-serving size Jell-O flavor of your choice
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- cold water
- Dissolve Jell-O in hot water.
- In a one-gallon jar, combine all ingredients. Add enough cold water to fill jar. Stir and serve with ice.
- Option: Instead of water, use 7UP to fill jar.
Nutrition information: 102 calories: 0.1g fat; 25mg sodium; 25g carbohydrates; 0.6g protein.