A slice of heaven
Sometimes, you just need comfort food and for many that includes pizza. During this unsettled time, you may not be able to go to your local pizza place to enjoy your favorite pie. An alternative is to make it at home. This month, readers shared their favorite pizza and crust recipes, and we even have a dessert pizza to top it all off.
White Garlic Chicken Pizza
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons Cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Prepared pizza dough
- 3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces Fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 bag baby spinach
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 cups coarsely shredded Swiss cheese
- Garlic Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Prepare sauce by combining cream, butter and cream cheese in small pan over medium heat. Mix and heat until cheese is melted. Add parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Simmer on low about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat skillet and add olive oil. Add chicken and cook until done. Remove from heat and cool.
- Put prepared pizza dough on greased pizza pans. Spread with sauce and top with mozzarella. Top with chicken, mushrooms and spinach. Sprinkle with grated parmesan, about 1/4 cup for each pizza. Lightly sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned and bubbling. Serve.