A slice of heaven
Sometimes, you just need comfort food and for many that includes pizza. During this unsettled time, you may not be able to go to your local pizza place to enjoy your favorite pie. An alternative is to make it at home. This month, readers shared their favorite pizza and crust recipes, and we even have a dessert pizza to top it all off.
My Favorite Pizza Crust
Submitted by: Jerry Daugherty, Corn Belt Energy Corporation Makes 2-3 crusts
- 2-1/2 cups bread or all-purpose flour
- 1 package rapid rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup water lukewarm
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Once combined, turn onto a floured counter. Knead until a ball forms, 3-5 minutes.
- Oil a large bowl and place dough in it. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise until doubled, then punch down.
- Form pizza crust with half of dough. Poke small holes in crust to prevent bubbles. Add favorite pizza sauce and toppings.
- Makes 2 to 3 crusts depending on size.