A slice of heaven
Sometimes, you just need comfort food and for many that includes pizza. During this unsettled time, you may not be able to go to your local pizza place to enjoy your favorite pie. An alternative is to make it at home. This month, readers shared their favorite pizza and crust recipes, and we even have a dessert pizza to top it all off.
Barbecued Chicken Pizza
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup green peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup ham chopped
- 16 ounces hredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepared mustard
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut chicken in bite-sized pieces and fry in oil until tender.
- Prepare your favorite pizza dough or use store-bought.
- Spread in a greased, rimmed cookie pan. Spread a thin layer of mustard on dough.
- Combine barbecue sauce and pizza sauce and spread evenly over mustard.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Spread chicken, ham, onion and peppers over dough.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until dough is lightly browned on bottom. Top with cheese for the last 5 minutes. A family favorite.