A slice of heaven
Sometimes, you just need comfort food and for many that includes pizza. During this unsettled time, you may not be able to go to your local pizza place to enjoy your favorite pie. An alternative is to make it at home. This month, readers shared their favorite pizza and crust recipes, and we even have a dessert pizza to top it all off.
Berry Good Fruit Pizza
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 kiwi peeled and sliced
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- Sliced almonds optional
- Flaked coconut optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Oil and flour large pizza pan.
- In large bowl, cream together 1-1/2 cups sugar and butter until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and mix.
- Spread cookie dough evenly on prepared pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes until light golden brown. Cool.
- To make filling, cream together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, whipping until light.
- Spread on cooled crust. Top with fruit and nuts and/or coconut.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Time saving tip: Use one roll of refrigerated store-bought sugar cookie dough.