Broccoli Stem Soup
Adapted from Clean & Delicious with Dani Spies
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Stems from 1 large head of broccoli trimmed and cut into thin coins
- 1 rib celery sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 cans white beans divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 13 ounces Andouille sausage sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium heat. Sauté broccoli stem coins, about 5 minutes. Add in onion and celery and saute 8-10 minutes. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant. Add 1 can of beans and broth and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add the cilantro and parsley. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Put back on heat and add the remaining can of beans and sliced sausage until warmed through. Salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cool and divide into containers. When it’s time for lunch, reheat in the microwave and serve with crackers.
Nutrition information: 225 calories; 9.7g fat; 1,175mg salt; 22.2g carbohydrates; 13.8g protein.