Wednesday Soup Lunch Bunch
Who: St. Paul Lutheran Church
Cost: $12 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 91
Send checks to: St. Paul Lutheran Church,
Attn: Judelle Murphy/Outreach Chair, 617 St. Lawrence Ave., Beloit, WI 53511
or call 608-365-2994 or 608-365-7064.
Chicken Paprikas & Halusky
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 2x2 inch pieces
- 1 med. onion chopped
- 2 T. butter or margarine
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 c. milk
- chicken broth
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. water or milk
- In a 6 quart pot, saute’ onion in butter; add paprika.
- Add chicken pieces and brown for 10 minutes.
- Next, add enough chicken broth to cover chicken, cover pot and simmer for 45 minutes until chicken is tender.
- In a separate bowl, blend flour, milk and sour cream.
- Remove 1/2 cup of chicken broth and add to sour cream mixture.
- Add this to chicken.
- Simmer an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While chicken is cooking, combine dumplings ingredients in a large mixing bowl and form an elastic consistency dough. Beat well.
- Drop by teaspoons into a large pot filled 3/4 full with boiling water and 1 tsp. salt. Cook about 5 minutes.
- When dumplings float to top, remove with a strainer into a separate bowl.
- Add butter to keep from sticking.
- Serve chicken and gravy over dumplings.