Submitted by: Valerie Cheatham
- 1 box white cake mix dry
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix dry
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 5 ounces Neufchatel cheese
- 1/2 stick salted butter softened
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Fireball whiskey optional
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line 2 muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix and cinnamon and stir to combine. Mix in eggs, oil and water. Stir in yogurt. Don’t over mix.
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Don’t overcook. Remove from oven and cool on rack.
- To make frosting, combine the Neufchatel cheese and butter with mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add confectioner’s sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and whiskey. Beat until creamy and fluffy. Taste and add more vanilla or cinnamon to taste. If it’s too thin, add more confectioner’s sugar. Put in a piping bag and use to frost cupcakes. We drizzled with caramel sauce. Store covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition information: 260 calories; 13.2g fat; 255mg sodium; 31.6g carbohydrates; 3.3g protein.