Over the past several months, readers have submitted recipes that didn’t really fall into any upcoming category of recipes. We decided to make use of these recipes and hope you enjoy trying them.
Submitted by: Jack Michael, Shelby Electric Cooperative
- 3 cups baked cornbread crumbled
- 1 cup cauliflower finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup mild onion finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon crumbled
- Bake cornbread and let cool, then crumble in bottom of a deep cake pan.
- Spread cauliflower, broccoli and carrots over cornbread.
- Spread with onion and tomatoes.
- Top with Miracle Whip and spread to seal edges. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Store in refrigerator until time to serve. Mix small amounts for each serving.
Nutrition information: 152 calories; 8.7g fat; 415mg sodium; 16.4g carbohydrates; 2.7g protein.