Over the past several months, readers have submitted recipes that didn’t really fall into any upcoming category of recipes. We decided to make use of these recipes and hope you enjoy trying them.
My Mother’s Jumbo Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Raisins
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Pecans chopped
- 4 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In small saucepan, add water and raisins and boil 5 minutes. Cool.
- Cream together shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs and water/raisin mixture and beat well.
- Add all other ingredients and beat well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.