Over the past several months, readers have submitted recipes that didn’t really fall into any upcoming category of recipes. We decided to make use of these recipes and hope you enjoy trying them.
Seven Layer Jell-O Salad
- 7 small packages Jell-O (1 each – black cherry, red raspberry, lime, lemon, orange, cherry, grape)
- 7 cups hot water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 cups evaporated milk
- Make this in a clear dish to see the colorful layers. Each layer must set for one hour before proceeding to the next layer. The layers will alternate being clear or frosted.
- For the first layer, mix 1 cup hot water with black cherry gelatin stirring to completely dissolve, add cold water, mix and pour into clear dish. Refrigerate for one hour.
- For frosted layer, mix together red raspberry gelatin with 1 cup hot water, and stir to dissolve. Add 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Carefully pour over previous layer and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Continue alternating layers until all gelatin has been used in following order: lime (clear), lemon (frosted), orange (clear), cherry (frosted) and grape (clear).