Submitted by Marilyn Hofman, Jo-Carroll Energy
Czech Peach Dumplings
- 6 lg. peaches room temperature, washed and dried with no tears in skin
- 3 oz Cream cheese softened
- 3 oz. butter softened
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 2 lg. eggs beaten
- Mix flour and salt; set aside. With an electric mixer, cream butter and cream cheese together. Add flour mixture and mix. Add eggs, mix with hand to make stiff dough. Divide into 6 balls.
- On a floured board, flatten one ball and roll out into a circle about 5 or 6 inches across. Wrap this around a peach and pinch the dough together to make a smooth covering over the peach. Repeat with remaining peaches.
- Cook in a large pot of boiling water for 25 minutes. Remove from water with slotted spoon. Serve immediately with sugar and cottage cheese.
This is a recipe which, like pancakes and waffles, can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can also use plums or apricots with reduced boiling time, 15-20 minutes, depending on size.