Foil Baked Fish and Veggies
- 4 fish fillets of your choice no more than 5 ounces each, such as halibut, cod or tilapia
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 pound carrots peeled and cut in thick matchsticks
- 1/2 pound thin zucchini cut in thick matchsticks
- 1/4 cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Arrange four 12-inch squares of aluminum foil on countertop. Spray each with cooking spray and top with the fish fillet.
- Sprinkle evenly with chives, zest, salt and pepper. Arrange carrots and zucchini around each fillet. Drizzle with orange juice and oil.
- Fold foil over the fish and vegetables, crimping the edges tightly to seal. Place each packet on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 14 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve each packet warm on a dinner plate, being careful to unwrap.
Note: may substitute fresh parsnips for carrots if desired. Nutrition information: 188 calories; 4.9g fat; 242mg sodium; 9.5g carbohydrates; 27.7g protein.